Hosted by: technogranny
Title: Monday Morning Marketeer, 22 Ways for Holiday Sales with Products & Service
Time: 11/26/2016 10:00 AM EST
Episode Notes: The MondayMorningMarketeer, Joanne Quinn-Smith, aka TechnoGranny has been off for a year writing books but she's baaaaack! And this time as Santa Claus giving you great ideas to finish the year strong without excusitis because it's the holidays. Client and Executive Career Coach Bette Novak will join with testimonial on how she has used JQS coaching to take her business into the big leagues. 22 Tips Really!!!! to increase your holiday sales and finish the year strong. Tis the Season to DO BUSINESS starting with "Back to Black" Holiday Sales, Small Business Saturday and not stopping with Cyber Monday.| If you were paying attention, this is a reschedule from last week due to technical difficulties.
Most departments within companies have to spend what is in their budget for this year to avoid losing it for next year.
This is what you may propose to organizations: "Is there money left in your budget from 2016 that you may lose next year if you don't spend it. Let me show you a way to spend down your budget for maximum productive impact on your organization."
The holidays are the perfect time to build relationships with clients and customers. Most people are in a good mood, and are more open to being distracted with lunches, parties, and other things. Therefore, use this to your advantage to take clients out to lunch, thank them for their business, and foster stronger relationships. This will pay dividends moving forward!
Even if your business is done mostly online, set up Skype and Facetime with holiday decorations in the background and low Christmas music to put clients in a good mood. For existing clients, let them know you just wanted to get an update on what you are doing and an update on new programs that you have available.
The holidays are a great time to take advantage of your competition by outworking them! While they are making excuses, taking time off, and generally distracting themselves from what they should be doing (ie what you used to do), step up your efforts and take business away from them. Run some promotions, make some additional sales calls, and do some additional sales presentations while the opportunity is available.
Expand your product offerings.
Add gift cards to your line of products or services. Besides being quick to purchase and giving recipients more flexibility, gift cards infuse cash into your store immediately.
Offer gift card to you clients for amount of a great end of year program to give to friends, students, business associates not in business with them.
Business Advocate, Janet Attard from Business Know-How, recommends to ask for the Shopper’s Email Address Build your email list every day by asking
· customers and prospects to sign up for your email list to receive
· special offers,
· sales notices or advance access to new merchandise.
· Have signup links on your website or blog
· and in your social media posts.
· Put signs near your cash registers with Text-To Subscribe instructions (get details from your email service provider),
· Put a flyer promoting your email list in every shopper’s bag. Put the flier on your blog if you don't have an in person customer base and send it out in emails.
Small Business Saturday
The most popular Small Business Saturday promotions in 2015 were
· limited time offers (24 percent),
· free gift offers (21 percent),
· coupon discounts (20 percent) and
· buy one, get one free offers (19 percent). One for you and one for a friend Or get an additional program free, highest money one is the one they pay for.
· Run an OOPs I went a little crazy and made a calculating error offering on the BOGO for you to pay the lesser program fee and get the greater price one for free. I don't feel like changing this so for 24 hours if you are crazy enough to read this email, you can benefit by my mistake. BUT ONLY FOR 24 HOURS Offer ends at midnight on___________
· Cyber Monday
For Bette offer 75% thru November 30 Run second (Christmas/New Years Special) from December 23 to January 2
offering a ten percent discount for work booked the week leading up to the holiday, you can use this day to drive customers to your business.
Small Business Saturday:
Some things you need to know about Small Business Saturday:
· Small Business Saturday marketing spend last year was$5,500, with respondents using a combination of
· digital marketing (email, website ads, paid social media, etc. – 77 percent)
· and offline marketing (direct mailers)
· Add holiday flier to letters and send immediately with title "JUST IN CASE YOU DON'T READ YOUR EMAIL, WANTED TO MAKE SURE YOU GET THIS."
· I'VE SENT THIS TO YOU IN THE MAIL BUT JUST IN CASE IT WENT INTO FILE 13(THE TRASH CAN) THOUGHT I WOULD TRY E-MAILING
· FACEBOOK MESSAGE: IT'S OCCURRED TO ME THAT OVER THE HOLIDAYS YOU PROBABLY DON'T OPEN YOUR MARKETING MAIL OR YOUR EMAIL, SO I DECIDED TO FACEBOOK MESSAGE YOU BECAUSE STATISTICS PROVE THAT PEOPLE SPEND MORE TIME ON SOCIAL MEDIA OVER THE HOLIDAYS.
· TV/newspaper ads – 23 percent).
· Get BAck in the Black Instead of Black Friday
· BETTE'S "GET BACK IN THE BLACK" ANSWER TO "BLACK FRIDAY"
SEND ON 24TH
YOU CAN DO SIMILAR PROMOTIONS FOR:
· New Years
· End of Season
· Pre New Year's Resolution
OUTWORK AND OUTSMART YOUR COMPETITION.
WHILE HE IS BASKING IN GLOOM AND DOOM, GET BUSY!
AND GET HOLIDAY CASH
|OUTWORK YOUR COMPETITION DURING THE HOLIDAYS, |
DON'T WINE A LITTLE, EARN A LOT!
- holiday marketing
- end of year marketing
- first of year marketing
- Contact the Monday Morning Marketeer, Joanne Quinn-Smith aka Techno Granny at 412-444-5197 for your fifteen minute free consult.